Click HERE to find out how you can get $750 off your AviClear treatments from May 30th - June 12th
*Must begin first treatment between May 30th - June 12th to be eligible for discounted rate*
Acne Treatment Options at Saddleback Dermatology
Dealing with Acne Can Feel Frustrating and Exhausting
We have seen everyone from children to older adults still dealing with acne that impacts their health, appearance, and makes them feel self-conscious. If this is you, our board-certified dermatologists at Saddleback Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center can provide you with a customized plan to get your acne under control. Some of the main reasons people may seek a board-certified dermatologist for help
with acne are:
- If you’ve never actually been diagnosed with acne
- If your acne is impacting your self-esteem and quality of life
- If acne is getting worse even with at-home care
- If acne isn’t responding with current treatments
- If you have severe acne or inflammatory or cystic acne
Causes of Acne
It’s important to understand that there are different reasons why you might be struggling with your acne. Figuring out the cause of your acne is our number one priority, as this will determine the most effective treatment options to reduce the severity and frequency of breakouts. Our team of board certified dermatologists can help you with this when you come in for your appointment. Reasons that
acne may be persistent for you are:
Nowadays, there are many effective treatment options available for those suffering from acne. Treatments vary as do every person’s severity, needs, lifestyle, and budget. At Saddleback Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center your dermatologist can discuss options ranging from topical medications to oral medications, and even a new acne laser treatment, called AviClear.
Our board certified dermatologists can prescribe topical medications to target acne-causing bacteria.Common topical medications include:
- Retinoids: Vitamin A derivatives that work to prevent skin cell build-up and reduce inflammation. Retinoids can cause photosensitivity and are recommended to be used at night.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: An effective topical which kills acne-causing bacteria and can break down comedones.
- Salicylic Acid: A beta-hydroxy acid that prevents bacteria from reproducing and helps to clear out pores.
- Azelaic Acid: Works to reduce skin build-up while also working to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Dapsone: An antibiotic cream that kills bacteria and reduces inflammation.
- OCP: Women with hormonal acne will often benefit from the oral contraceptive pill as it helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and hormonal levels.
- Antibiotics: Similar to topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics can be used to kill acne-causing bacteria.
- Isotrentinoin: For those with severe inflammatory or cystic acne, our doctors can prescribe a stronger medication such as Accutane. This pill is used to treat severe acne and acne scarring.
Acne Laser Treatments
AviClear is the first and original FDA-cleared energy device for the treatment of mild-severe acne. AviClear treats acne at the source by selectively targeting and suppressing the sebaceous gland safely and effectively. It is designed with patient comfort in mind as it is equipped with AviClear's AviCoolTM contact cooling for an optimal and safe treatment experience.
Acne Treatment Takes Time to Work
It’s important to remember that any acne treatment you choose, whether it’s an over the counter or prescription topical, a medication, or acne laser treatments, takes time to work. There is no miracle treatment or quick fix when it comes to acne. It’s important to give even your at-home acne regimen, up to 12-weeks to be fully effective. If you are not satisfied with your results after 12 weeks, it’s time to try something else.
Services We Offer Include
- Evaluation and treatment recommendations
- Prescription oral medications
- Prescription and over the counter topical medications
- Physician-grade skin care products available in our office
- Extractions with our licensed medical aesthetician
- Isotrentinoin (AccutaneTM, AmnesteemTM, ClaravisTM, AbsorbicaTM, etc.) only available through
- AviClear Acne Laser Treatments
If you’re dealing with acne and want to discuss your treatment options come see Saddleback
Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center, located in Lake Forest, CA, or call us at (949) 770-8115.