AVICLEAR TREATMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT SADDLEBACK DERMATOLOGY
AviClear is the first and original FDA-cleared energy device for the treatment of mild, moderate, and serve acne. The FDA additionally recognizes AviClear as a clinically efficacious and proven treatment for the long-term treatment of acne. AviClear is safe for all skin types. By selectively targeting and suppressing the sebaceous glands, acne is eliminated at the source without the need for prescription medications.
A Future with Less Acne is Here
Create an account in the Cutera app.
Once registered this account will provide.
your personal QR Code for your treatments.
How Does AviClear Work?
AviClear Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Before Your AviClear Treatment
- Let your AviClear provider know if you have used Isotretinoin (Accutane) within the last 6 months.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) for a few days before treatment.
*Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.*
- Avoid prolonged suntanning or self tanners prior to and during the treatment regimen.
*Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.*
- Notify your AviClear provider with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sore may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment. Please let your AviClear provider know if you have a history of cold sores.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved.
Immediately After Your AviClear Treatment
- Immediately post-treatment, apply a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 30+ sunblock, which should be applied at least once daily.
- Cold compresses or chilled gel packs may be applied post-treatment for your comfort.
- If a blister develops, contact your AviClear provider nurse.
- Starting the morning after treatment, wash your face with a gentle cleanser, followed by a gentle moisturizer every day twice a day for a few days.
*Resume regular skincare regimen a few days after treatment*
- Make up can be applied the day after treatment.
- Start applying UVA/UVB SPF 30+ sunblock DAILY, starting the morning after treatment.
*Sunblock should be applied at least once daily, reapplying every 90-minutes if outside*
*Direct sun exposure should be minimized throughout the duration of the treatment regimen*
- Most patients will experience mild redness of the treatment area, lasting up to one day post-treatment.
- Some patients experience dryness and itching of the treatment area up to four weeks post-treatment.
*Use a gentle moisturizer (e.g. CeraVe®, Cetaphil®)*
- Roughly half of AviClear patients may experience post-inflammatory flare ups after one or all their treatments.
*Condition may worsen before it improves*
*Typically occurs a few days post-treatment*
*Can last a few weeks post-treatment*
*Non-comedogenic makeup for acne-prone skin is okay to cover*
- Avoid heat (hot tubs, saunas, etc.) for 1-2 days post-treatment.
- Limit any exercise or activity that can cause sweating for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days after treatment:
*Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, Vitamin C/ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.*
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks after treatment:
*Waxing, depilatories, etc.*
- Contact your AviClear provider with any concerns such as swelling with our without pustules, blistering, excessive or prolonged redness/swelling, etc.
Skincare Tips for People with Acne
- Remember to wash your face every morning and night and after working out/sweating.
- Benzoyl peroxide or retinoid product (starting a few days after treatment) can prevent clogged pores.
- Every morning and evening, apply non-comedogenic moisturizer to prevent rebound oiliness.
- Use UVA/UVB sunblock daily.
- Shampoo your hair regularly if it's long or touches your face/back.
- Stick to your treatment regimen, trying too many new acne treatments can irritate your skin.
- Don't touch or pick your face.
- Wash makeup brushes, pillow cases, sheets, etc. regularly.
When Will I See Results?
In Cutera's clinical studies, most AviClear patients showed improvements 3 months after their 3rd AviClear treatment with some patients seeing improvement 6 months after their 3rd treatment. While these results can vary, improvement can continue through 6 months after the 3rd treatment, meaning there might be a delayed response in some patients. However, like any other medical treatment, results cannot be guaranteed.